Bangalore is the largest city and the capital of Karnataka state of India. It is the third most populous city with more than 8 million residents.
The city is located in southern India, over 900 meters above sea level on the Deccan Plateau. It has the highest elevation among the county’s major cities. Bangalore is also known for its good climate all year round.
Bangalore is the second-fastest-growing major city in India, with many IT firms and call centers, which are the top contributors to the city’s economy. With that in mind, many people living in the city are working in call centers and offices, causing them to have a sedentary lifestyle.
Most Indians’ diet consists of red meat, trans or saturated fats, and junk food, making heart disease the main cause of mortality. Furthermore, many Indians suffer a heart attack earlier than other demographics, and usually without warning.
Fifty percent of heart attacks occur in men under 50 years old, and twenty-five percent of heart attacks in men happen under 40 years old. Heart attacks in Indian females have high mortality rates, too.
With that being said, it would be wise if you have the contact number of the best heart surgery hospital in Bangalore in case of an unfortunate event. If one of your friends or family has undergone heart surgery, you may wonder if they can fully recover after the operation. With the technology that the hospitals have and the skillful doctors, the answer is a big YES!
When you get home from the hospital after heart surgery, it will take time to get back to your routine as your body is still going through adjustments. Your body system will become slow due to medications, surgery, and lack of activities. The recovery time after a heart surgery takes two to three months.
Read more about worldfree4u
What should you expect while recovering from heart surgery?
You’re going to experience good and bad days while recovering from the surgery. It is normal to feel anxious, irritable, tired, or depressed during this time. It is also normal if you express your feelings and mood more often than before.
You will be using a lot of psychological energy in dealing with demands and fears after the surgery. Having your friends and family around you can help you with your regular emotional ups and downs.
Doing physical activities
Gradually increasing your physical activities can help you in healing and regaining your body strength and tone. However, you must follow your surgeon’s advice when it comes to doing physical activities. Your physical activities may have restrictions, such as:
- Driving: Your reaction to time is slow while you are recovering from the surgery, and you are at risk of re-injuring your breastbone while driving. However, you may still ride a car with the seatbelt on.
- Weights: Avoid pushing, pulling, carrying, or lifting weights heavier than five pounds like small kids, shopping bags, or suitcases.
- Heavy exercise and housework: Avoid strenuous exercises like playing tennis, golf, biking, jogging, and swimming for three months while recovering from heart surgery. You must also avoid yard and housework like cleaning the floor, lawn mowing, digging, raking, and chopping wood. These activities can strain your upper arms and chest, affecting the healing of your breastbone.
- Returning to work: Do not return to work until the doctor says so.
Caring for the wound
As you recover, your wound’s soreness will be gone, and it will look better. Sleeping in one position for too long, too little or too much activity, and weather changes affect the wound’s soreness.
Moreover, you will feel numb, itch, see swelling or redness while recovering, which will stop in time. To care for the wounds, here are some good suggestions:
- Wash it gently with a mild soap while bathing. Dry it carefully with a clean towel and avoid rubbing the wound.
- If there are medical tapes around your wound, remove them if you have been out of the hospital for seven days. If they come off on their own, then let them be.
- If the wound becomes puffy, red, oozy, and slightly open, call the surgeon right away.
- If you can wear a bra, you must wear a good quality support bra to minimize the wound’s tension. However, if it bothers you, you can put a small piece of clean gauze under the bra for comfort.
- For soreness or discomfort, use a heating pad. Use it four to five times for 20 minutes daily on a low setting. You may also take pain medication that your surgeon prescribes.
Having a heart operation at the best heart surgery hospital in Bangalore will give you peace of mind that the surgery will become successful. These hospitals have the best doctors and complete equipment to do the work.
Moreover, prevention is always better than cure. Regardless of your work, you must stay physically active and always eat healthy to keep your heart safe from certain diseases.