Electric blackout is one of the uneasy things we can never survive. In simple terms, our electrical devices will appear useless with no power. That is why generator prices in Kenya go beyond to reach out to the larger populace. Generators are almost the widest family of electric power supplies in the country making it sensible to explore.
How generators produce electricity
They use fuel as the raw material to convert it into electric current via mechanical parts. There are two main classes of generators depending on their power output i.e. Direct Current (DC) or Alternating Current (AC) generators. However, this does not matter a lot since there are electronic devices such as inverters and rectifiers that can serve the interchange program.
Types of generators
The aspects that differentiate generators are the type of fuel, excitation methods, and field windings technique. From these, you will get multiple types such as solar, gasoline, inventor hydrogen, fuel cell, diesel, petrol, and gas-powered generators.
From these types, there are multiple calibrations, which you must be keen to check out for effective output.
The image below represents a home-based generator,
Key factors to consider while going for generator prices in Kenya
1. Type of fuel – the common fuels used in Kenya are diesel and petrol. Therefore, you will find most suppliers dealing with such items buy other models that use other fuel types. Ensure that you purchase a generator of easier access to the required fuel energy.
2. KVA ratings – this is the power output in Kilovolt amps. If you are operating on a heavy-duty task, consider machines with higher output power.
3. Fuel tank size – larger capacity tanks are advisable for larger operations to ensure a continuous power supply without interruptions.
4. Design elements – automation technology plays a major role in safety and efficiency. Most generators are now self-starting i.e. they automatically engage when your normal power supply goes out. Silence running carbon monoxide detectors are also user-friendly elements that you need to consider.
Application areas of generators
Often, you will find them being used as a backup for any power failures from the main supplier.
Such areas include boating, camping, fairs and exhibition, ceremonies, industries, and buildings. However, the ones used in hospitals must be very reliable and efficient to run the life support machines without failure.
Benefits of having a generator
when power shortages interrupt your work, it is better to consider purchasing a power generator. It has the following advantages:
1. It is an alternative source of electrical energy and readily accessible at your convenience.
2. Portable generators allow you to operate from any position.
3. It gives you the power to control your energy consumption.
4. It has elevated production through a consistent energy supply.
5. Home backup generators will cover you from the dangers of voltage surges and fluctuations when power returns.
Despite having many promising features and functions, generator prices in Kenya face the challenge of energy expenditure. These machines run on petroleum fuel, which is now costlier to purchase. Besides, they pollute the environment by releasing carbon products into the atmosphere.