Everyone loves ginger tea, but did you know that ginger for hair growth is in trend now? Yes, you heard it right; here in this blog, we will reveal the best ways to use ginger oil for hair growth.
Ginger has many benefits; it has been used for medical and treatment purposes since the old days. Even today, if people suffer from sore throat and stomach problems, the fundamental home remedy one suggests is having ginger tea. But today, we are taking it a step ahead by sharing the benefits of ginger for hair growth. Before jumping on that, let’s understand a bit of ginger.
Ginger can greatly aid hair regeneration and follicle health.
A Brief History of Ginger
The core of ginger is a flower linked to turmeric and cardamom. This plant was being used as a spice as well as a medicine. Ginger is a spice that originated in Southeast Asia and expanded throughout other regions. The Greeks and Romans utilized ginger and it became one of the spices for which Europeans dispatched boats to commerce. Ginger has sacred importance on the islands where it originated. China and Europe were the early adopters of ginger.
What Ginger Contains?
Ginger is nearly chock-full of vitamins, nutrients, and antioxidants. Although not as strong as a superfood, ginger nevertheless contains several nutrient supplements that our body requires. Ginger comes up with Niacin, Calcium, Magnesium, Zinc, Phosphorus, and much more.
Gingerol is found exclusively in ginger which relaxes blood arteries while also increasing circulation. Ginger also contains a few fatty acids, which are beneficial for health. Linoleic acid is among the compounds present in ginger. Not just this, ginger has antibacterial and antimicrobial qualities. To know more about the use of ginger for hair growth, give this blog https://juicychemistry.com/blogs/skincare-blog/benefits-of-ginger-for-hair-and-how-to-use-it a read.
Benefits of Using Ginger for Hair Growth
Now let’s focus on the perks of using ginger for hair growth.
- If you have a dry or flaky scalp, then applying ginger paste or oil on the scalp regularly can overcome the problem.
- We understand how much pain it is to have dandruff. You might have tried thousands of anti-dandruff shampoo, but have you ever given a try to ginger? Applying ginger on the scalp can help in dealing with dandruff and itchiness.
- Ginger also contains antioxidants, which help to deep repair and maintain hair. Minerals and essential oils promote hair growth by making it thicker and healthier. It increases the density of the hair and gives it a voluminous appearance.
- Further, applying ginger juice to hair has significant effects. It boosts and enhances hair follicles. It is pretty beneficial and assists in hair growth, and having the added benefit of preventing hair fall.
DIY Ginger Oil At Home – Ginger For Hair Growth
If you want to make ginger oil at home, you can easily prepare it without any difficulty. However, many brands are selling ginger oil; you can buy it from cosmetic stores too. The ingredients you will require are:
- Dried ginger or ginger roots
- Storage bottle
Step By Step Process – Ginger For Hair Growth
- The first thing you need to do is wash the ginger roots in running water and then dry them for some time.
- Next, you need to grate the ginger using the grater.
- After grating it, you can put the grated ginger in a bowl.
- Now the next thing you need to do is add oil to it. It is better to use coconut oil or olive oil, or sunflower oil as a carrier.
- After adding the oil, cover the bowl with a lid and keep it to rest in a warm corner for around 3-4 days. In between, you can shake the jar.
- After 3-4 days, you will see the liquid content in the bowl; this is your ginger oil. Use strain to separate ginger pulp and oil.
- Lastly, put the oil in a storage bottle.
How to Use Ginger Oil?
There are various ways to use ginger oil.
- The first way to use ginger oil is basic and straightforward. Simply combine the ginger oil with the regular oil, massage it into your scalp for a while, and then leave it alone. It is better to keep the oil for 30 minutes or an hour. After that, rinse your hair to remove the ginger. It is best to apply oil on your hair wash day.
- Next, you can apply it as a hair mask. You will need ginger oil, regular oil, and lemon juice or yoghurt to make a mask. Mix all the ingredients in even quantity and apply it to your hair. Wear a hair cap and leave it for an hour, and then wash the hair.
That’s all! There is no doubt that ginger comes up with numerous benefits. However, it is best to consult a doctor if you are allergic to ginger. We hope you find this helpful guide.