Today’s teaching methods are different from traditional teaching. For ages, education revolved around teachers and students sitting in a classroom physically, imparting and receiving education with limited resources Such as blackboards and books. This old and traditional teaching sometimes becomes boring and also limits the growth and development of an individual. With the advancements of science and technology, online teaching is now being practiced by numerous instructors and learners all across the globe. A virtual classroom is a place where teachers and learners connect and complete the desired task with the help of the internet and network devices such as phones, laptops, tablets, and computers. The network and network facility are the main requirements to carry online teaching. Also, living in the digital era, internet accessibility is common.
The online classroom is quite a digital version of conventional classrooms. The difference is that online teaching provides you several other opportunities to grow and excel in life. People can easily communicate from sitting anywhere and at any time via technology devices. Similarly, education can also be carried from anywhere and at any time with the help of online teaching. It is not at all monotonous. The services and advantages provided by online teaching are promoting education more each day. An online teacher also gets several benefits and opportunities via online teaching.
For more than one and a half years now all of us are locked inside our houses because of the covid – 19 pandemics. People have been looking for several alternatives to carry out their work, business. The education field has also discovered that, which is online learning. In this process, teachers, and students study virtually. We can easily communicate, share our thoughts, videos, and presentations easily without even stepping out of our homes. Online teaching, first, we study, we discuss then we appear for exams and later get our results. Everything happens step by step but with different styles. There is a lot of innovation and creativity involved.
To carry online teaching a particular platform is required. A platform that teachers and students can use to connect and exchange their knowledge and education. Exchange of information requires a medium. It can be either a website or a particular software that can be downloaded to our respective network devices. Educational apps are software designed for carrying the process of education. The usage of educational apps has made a study interesting, simpler, innovative, and fun-filled. These apps are the software for our mobiles and computers. They have made our lives relaxing and enjoyable. They are the ultimate solution for virtual classrooms. The educational apps should have all the features to make learning convenient for everybody. Proper facilities to have access to education should be provided. Learning should be made more valuable and encouraging for learners all across the world. In these pandemic times, educational apps are doing wonders. Teachers can find students for home tuitions and use the online teaching apps that they want.
Choosing the best app for online teaching is quite difficult. It is a complex decision to be made. The software should comprise all the fundamental features for convenient e-learning. Let’s discuss some of the essential features of deciding the best app for you.
- Cost – The software should have smooth access. The memberships and packages should not be too expensive. They should cost a decent amount which all people can afford easily without
thinking much about their pocket. Budget-friendly software will help a lot of teachers and students to learn easily and efficiently.
- Flexibility – the app or software that people have to use should provide great flexibility. The app should be easy to access. And the content and matter should be available to the learners 24/7. This will help teachers and students to run a course smoothly and effectively without much stress and effort. This feature should be a part of your choice while making a decision.
- Easy to use – The software should be easy to use. It should not be very difficult to access. The complexity level should be decided by keeping students of all ages in the mind. The login and logout facilities of the app should be simple. Easy accessibility saves a lot of time for both teachers and students. The saved time can be utilized in the learning process.
- Online chat facility – The software should include an online chatting facility. In case if students are not able to clarify their doubts vocally, they can write their respective queries in the chatbox. Teachers can also mention important information for students in the chatbox. Links and website addresses of need can also be sent with the help of this facility.
- Proper grading facility – The app should have this facility of exam scores analysis. This is a very important feature of an educational app. Exams and analysis of one’s performance are an essential part of education. Teachers, parents, and students all can have a check on the score and performance in the exams. This will motivate students to perform better in the coming examinations.
- Giving recommendations – The best app should provide proper recommendations to teachers and students. Recommending chapters, modules and other necessary information is a great idea to promote effective learning among learners. This will also increase app engagement. Suggesting solutions according to one’s interests and preferences should also be included.
These features should be kept in mind while choosing the best app for online teaching. These functions will play a crucial role in your selection process.